Friday, March 11, 2011

Ratings


Wow… Long time no posting. A lot of things have been going on that have kept me from this blog, and I truly underestimated the amount of time I would have to spend working out the logistics. I have been writing some things, and to prove it, I wanted to do a quick post and show you the “CHARACTER RATING SYSTEM” I have been working on the last couple weeks. I have received great advice from writers and bloggers, but I would still really love your opinion to make this rating system something special. So, (drum roll, please) here it is:

CHARACTER RATING SYSTEM:

* Character development flawed. Not knowing character takes away from the novel as a whole and interrupts the flow of the story.

** Character has you left wanting more, like that last bite of chocolate cake- it just wasn’t enough.

*** Character is just average, you know the potential this character has, but alas they just aren’t quite there yet.

****Character development is obvious, but there is something missing that you just can’t quite put your finger on.

***** No character is COMPLETELY flawless but this comes close. Character development is obvious and you can almost feel how much love the author put into making this character who they are.

No comments:

Post a Comment